Exercise and Physical Fitness:
With the pressures of work and social obligations tugging us every which way, it's more and more difficult to find time for exercise. Maybe that's why Canadians & Americans are struggling with their weight and health more than ever. It's no secret that moderate exercise and sensible eating habits are the key to remaining trim and fit. However, the thought of spending thirty minutes on a treadmill or jogging around the block five times is out of the question for many of us. Dancing works like a stress and tension reducer. For people on a hectic schedule, it can become a passion that helps you improve your attitude and increase your self-confidence in both social and business situations. That's what makes dance the ideal exercise! After all, dancing is an aerobic workout, minus the boring part! When you take dance lessons, you make exercise a fun and enjoyable social event, any night of the week. Your dance "work out" takes place with pleasant music while everyone's in a good mood. It's fun!
- Dance contributes to increased self-confidence.
- Olympic athletes and Boxers often include dance in their training to sharpen their control, agility, speed and balance.
- Dance is considered to be one of the top five physical activities, out of 60 studied.
- Dance contributes to good posture and body alignment.
- Dancing encourages gentle stretching.
- Dance increases your flexibility and stamina.
- It will allow you to feel more at ease in social situations
- You would be enjoying and attending more parties
- It will help you to acquiring or improve on your grace, poise and sensuality
- It will help you to overcoming your shyness
- It will help you to relieve stress
- It will get you to stand out on the dance floor
- As an aerobic exercise, dance benefits your cardiovascular system as you swing and sway from hips to shoulders.
- Some doctors recommend thirty to forty five minutes of dance, three times per week.
- You will never have to say "no" to a dance invitations ever again
- Ballroom dance is a rigorous activity that uses the larger muscle groups, and is usually done over the course of 45 minutes – 1h1/2 or an entire evening, It's most frequently compared to ice skating, and no one would question the athletic ability of an ice skater. Since we work without gliding across ice, it's possible that a competitive ballroom dancer might even be in better shape than a figure skater.
- Many people turn to ballroom dance when more traditional exercise programs fall by the wayside, either because of injuries or sheer boredom. Ballroom dance is a low impact activity. This makes it accessible to people of any age or fitness level. With less emphasis on "going for the burn" and more on having fun; the weight loss, improved circulation and aerobic conditioning emerge as wonderful side effects.
Ballroom dancing has always been romantic as it is enjoyable. The world's greatest romantics have known the best way to a lady's heart is to sweep her across the dance floor. Holding, touching and moving to the music as you stare deep into each others eyes is the most romantic thing any couple can add to their lives. Using the world's best ice breaker -- "shall we dance". The romantic properties of dance are a secret that all good dancers enjoy. For men, being able to recognize which dance the band is playing and having the confidence in your ability to walk across the floor and ask a lady to dance is a social prerequisite. For ladies, they will always be in demand as a partner once they master the grace and poise, the styling and the all-important following skills. People will always go to extremes. Hours are spent in the gym and millions are spent on cosmetics and stylish clothing just to gain a slight advantage in the dating game. Yet everyone takes a back seat to a good dancer. The best way to be noticed, in a favorable light, is on the dance floor. Taking lessons at Access Ballroom Studio will add to your social and romantic life, guaranteed. Dancing helps to keep two people together. After years of marriage, new excitement can be found together on the dance floor. It rekindles the spark of romance for stressed out, tension-plagued people. It's great for keeping the marriage interesting and long lasting. When surveyed, women said they would rather have a night of dancing out on the town to flowers or chocolates for St. Valentine's Day.
Dressing up is part of the fun of taking lessons, feeling as if you have taken a mini-vacation from the everyday world into a fun, vibrant party every week. Access Ballroom Studio offers special theme events and practice parties where you "dress-up" and dance, get to know other dancers also learning the steps and practicing the moves. Fashions and dress range from casual dressy to formal wear. A Dance Vacation can be enjoyed without ever leaving town. Imagine yourself dressed up, ready to go out dancing on a cruise ship's deck, with other party goers. You can just have fun and even get a chance to socialize with your peers. In recent years, there have been a dramatic upswing in the number of couples and singles taking lessons that focus on the latin & standard, classic ballroom dances. One major driving force behind the shift has been changes in fashion. After all, if you can't make the moves, the glamorous apparel and fashions are not half as gorgeous.
Weddings 1st Dance
Everyone knows that their Wedding is one of the most important parts of their life. It's a new chapter in their relationship with their partner. Needless to say in almost every culture it's important that their Wedding feels like a Fairy-tale Story, hence the dresses ;-). So to be able to walk onto the dance floor for the 1st dance, confident and proud. In each others arms dancing without thought other than how gorgeous your partner looks and how beautiful this moment is. Well that is something that would make the night just perfect. It is a priceless feeling that Access Ballroom would be honored to be a part of the steps in getting you there