Dance Instructor Job Toronto
Dance Instructor Job Toronto Alert! Imagine working in a supportive and nurturing environment that allows you to make your passion a full-time career! Join Access Ballroom as the Dance Instructor and share your passion for dance with others. Training on the syllabus will be provided!
Dance Instructor Job Toronto: Responsibilities
- Provide dance instruction in Latin and Ballroom dance styles to adults and children
- Dance Styles: Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Cha Cha, Rumba, Samba, Hustle, East Coast Swing, Tango, Waltz, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Bolero.
- Teach private lessons, groups lessons and facilitate practice parties
- Motivate, inspire and retain students
- Keep the class energy high, exciting and fun
- Ensure continuous follow-up with the students and their involvement/participation in the studio’s events, classes, workshops, etc.
- Choreograph routines, perform with students and participate in Pro-Am competitions
Dance Instructor Job Toronto: Desired Work Experience & Skills
- Professional dance experience required (American Style Ballroom – smooth, rhythm – is an asset)
- Quick learner
- Enjoys teaching/instruction process
- Patient and empathetic, warm and caring personality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, sense of tact and diplomacy
- Able to control and motivate groups of people
- Able to find a good communication approach to various age groups, ethnicity groups, etc.
- Competitions experience is an asset
- Physically fit
- Fluent in English is a must
- Sales and customer service experience is an asset
- Having a good understanding of health and safety
- A good sense of quality music
- Dedication and passion for dancing
Training and Salary
- $15-54 hourly depending on the dance level and the number of lessons given each week
- Dance syllabus training will be provided in a fast-paced learning environment
- Hourly wage will be determined by the dance level and training level achieved. May be eligible for additional commission.
- FULL-TIME only
- Only successful candidates will be contacted with the auditions date; NO PHONE CALLS, please.
Position Types: Full-time, Permanent