Studio Rules & Etiquette
We are happy to welcome you as part of our dance family. The studio is now your new dance home, please treat it with respect and care. Let’s keep the space clean, safe, inclusive, and welcoming for everyone. Here is how:
- No outdoor shoes regardless of the weather/season. Unless you already have dance shoes, please bring an extra pair of clean non-marking indoor shoes. You can also dance in socks if you’d like. No barefoot. This helps us keep the dance floor clean and makes dance shoes last longer as well. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that doesn’t restrict your movement. It is up to you whether you want to dress up or be more casual or sporty, whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
- Please observe personal hygiene (e.g., taking a shower before classes, using deodorant or an alternative to it, keeping your body and hair clean, use a clean towel to wipe off your sweat during the class as necessary). You are dancing with a partner and it is important to be respectful to yourself and others and have good hygiene.
- Please do not use an excessive amount of perfume as many people have allergies. Let’s make sure everyone is comfortable.
- Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer before and after class to stay safe and healthy and prevent the likelihood of infections.
- Cell phones must be off or in silent mode during the classes. You’ll get the most out of your learning if you block distractions. If you must use your cell phone during a group or a private class, please leave the dance floor area. Please note that you won’t be able to make up the “lost” time.
- Observing classes is allowed for a maximum of 5 minutes unless otherwise specified by Access Ballroom staff. We believe that all dancers should be able to feel comfortable in our dance school and having spectators can be distracting.
- No filming by students and guests unless the Access Ballroom staff approve. The choreography of your favourite teachers is intellectual property that belongs to them and the studio. Distribution or sharing of this material requires permission and credit.
- Access Ballroom is an inclusive place and we do not tolerate discrimination and harassment. Appropriate measures will be taken in cases of such behaviour.
- Access Ballroom reserves the right to remove a student from class if they show up intoxicated/high or in cases of inappropriate comments/remarks, misconduct or harassment towards the studio, other students, the staff, guests, etc. No refunds will be issued for the missed class as well as no make-up classes permitted.
The first 10 minutes of class are the most important as they set the tone for the entire class and give you the foundation of the steps you will be working on during the class, whether you are a beginner or an advanced dancer. We don’t let latecomers into class 10 min after the class has started. No make-up classes or refunds will be issued for the missed class.
Class Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
We understand that things may come up, and are happy to offer flexibility in terms of scheduling your lessons. We ask for 48-hour advance notice if you have to cancel or reschedule a private lesson. We do offer one opportunity to keep your lesson if you are able to reschedule your private for a day before a Sunday of the same week, provided that there is availability. If you fail to provide a 48-hour notice or reschedule within the same week (Sunday-Saturday), you will be charged the full private lesson amount, no exceptions. If you miss the already rescheduled class, you will be charged the full private lesson amount. Private lessons can be re-scheduled with more than 48-hour notice at no additional cost.
We require 24 hours for any group class cancellation if you have an Intro Dance Program to avoid losing the lesson. Group lessons can be re-booked at no additional cost with over a 24-hour notice for students on Intro Dance Programs.
Access Ballroom respects your privacy and pledges to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. All personal information you share with us is maintained in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (2000). References to Access Ballroom may include its affiliates, depending on the context.
For students enrolled in the Access Ballroom dance programs, Access Ballroom may request information from third parties including parents, guardians, or whoever registers you in a program.
Access Ballroom’s website uses sophisticated security and safeguard measures to protect users’ information. One such measure is our use of secure server software (SSL).
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from our sites allow you to opt-out of further mailings.
Access Ballroom will never sell, trade, rent, exchange, or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company, or organization.
Terms and Conditions
By participating in the dance classes, events, and outings, the student gives Access Ballroom permission to use the photographs and videos of them taken during the studio’s classes, events, and outings publically to promote the dance studio. The student understands that the images may be used in print publications, online publications, presentations, websites, and social media. The student also understands that no royalty, fee, or other compensation shall become payable to them by reason of such use.
It is the student’s responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding their participation in the dance classes.
The student agrees to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which they might incur as a result of participating in the dance program/classes.
The student knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waives any claim they may have against Access Ballroom, its owners, teachers, staff, landlords or insurers for injury or damages that they may sustain as a result of participating in the dance program.
The student, their heirs, and legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Access Ballroom, its owners, teachers, staff, landlords, or insurers for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
Booking of Classes
It is recommended that all lessons be booked at least 2-3 days in advance and payment must be made in full before booking. The lesson and time-slot for it will not be confirmed unless payment is made in full in advance.
While we use the automated email reminder system to make it easier for our students to keep track of their lessons schedule, it is the responsibility of the student to remember the scheduled class date and time.
Promotional/Sale Dance Programs
All Intro Packages are promotional items. There are no extensions, refunds, or credits.
For anything purchased as part of sale or at a discounted rate and all other promotional items, there are no refunds, no credits, and no extensions. They are not transferable.
Gift certificates are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Gift certificates are the responsibility of the gift card holder. Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be replaced or redeemed.
Resale is prohibited.
There are no refunds for any dance lessons packages, including Wedding Packages, once the payment has been made. Resale is prohibited.
All dance lessons packages must be paid in full. Payment plans are available for 24 private lessons or more.
It is the sole responsibility of the student to reach the studio and book their dance lessons.
In exceptional circumstances, Access Ballroom reserves the right to approve the transfer of a dance package to another person.
Special Workshops and Events
Special workshops and events are designed for the students to up their skills and put their dancing into practice.
No make-up classes, credits, or refunds will be offered for any missed workshops or events. No refunds or credits once enrolled in the Special Workshop or purchased an event ticket. Not transferable between students.
We require a minimum of 3 students to run a workshop. In the case we don’t reach our minimum, you will be offered a full refund or a credit to be used towards future classes and services.